RELAX, WE’VE GOT THIS.
Serving Orange County & Los Angeles County
We are experts in interior demolition, building demolition, structural demolition,
concrete cutting and breaking, disaster clean up (fire and water) and asbestos – lead abatement
Demolition Services, Inc. strives to become the Southern California contractors’ preference for a demolition subcontractor.
We will lead the industry as the example of excellence in providing our customers with experienced, safe and efficient performance.
We will complement our position as the industry leader with a history of integrity, loyalty and knowledge that our customers can rely on.
For a quote on your next project call us at: 866-910-DEMO (3366)
ASBESTOS & LEAD ABATEMENT
Asbestos is one of the most significant health hazards one can encounter in buildings.This mineral fiber is often used for insulation and as a fire retardant, as well as in a variety of manufactured goods like flooring and mastics.
While its uses are many, it can be dangerous if the material is disturbed, damaged, or unsettled in some way, releasing particles into the air (making it friable), and should be removed by a certified licensed asbestos contactor in Los Angeles, CA. Common belief holds that the substance was banned by the United States in the late 70s; however, it was only phased out for certain uses, and indeed is still found in a variety of other uses today.
What the concerned building owner wants to look out for, however, are those instances where asbestos poses a risk to the health of those living or working near its presence. Demolition Services bring an experienced team that specializes in the removal of asbestos.
In the greater Los Angeles/Orange County areas, recycling 75% of all demolition debris is required by most cities. Some cities are even higher. When we perform our work, we always source-separate the material on site to be hauled off to different facilities. We will typically separate metal, asphalt, concrete, wood, green waste, drywall, wiring and piping. The remaining debris will be comingled and hauled off to a transfer station, where they will sort through the material and pull out potential recycled material. When Demolition Services provides estimates for demolition work, we always factor in the value of potential recycled materials. We have extensive experience in knowing the value of recycled material. Currently insulation is one of the few materials that are not being recycled.
At Demolition Services we can create a recycling specification that includes a goal or target for recycling sets an expectation that materials should be diverted from disposal. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the method or value of recycled materials.
At Demolition Services, we want every project as safe as possible. Here’s our demolition safety tips checklist to help protect our workers and others on a jobsite:
- Wear appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE): While the PPE requirements for each country may vary, workers should wear a hard hat/helmet, safety goggles, gloves, high-visibility vest or jacket and steel-toe boots at a demolition site.
- Maintain a mindset of asbestos awareness: Don’t begin any demolition phase until you’ve conducted comprehensive asbestos surveying at the site. Make sure you’ve removed all licensed and non-licensed asbestos materials before proceeding.
- Shut off utilities: Turn off all electricity, sewer, gas, water and other utility lines, and notify the applicable utility companies before starting.
- Start at the top: When demolishing exterior walls and floors, the safest approach is to start at the top of the structure and work your way down to ground level.
- Remove load-bearing structures last: Don’t remove any load-bearing component until you remove the stories above the floor on which you’re working.
- Protect against falling debris: Install chutes with enclosed gates on the discharge end when dropping debris into containers or onto the ground.
- Limit the size of floor openings: Check that the size of all floor openings intended for material disposal does not exceed 25% of the total floor space.
- Keep workers out of unsafe areas: Make sure your team doesn’t enter any areas where structural hazards are present until you’ve implemented the appropriate shoring or bracing steps.
- Establish clear vehicle paths and pedestrian walkways: Allow construction equipment and workers to navigate the site freely and safely by creating unobstructed pathways that are out of the danger zone.
- Maintain a clean job site: A cleaner demolition site leads to fewer injuries and accidents. Keep the area clean by removing debris consistently throughout the project instead of waiting until the end.
We Are The Company You Keep
Demolition Services has been providing services and solutions above and beyond expectation on every project for every client. Complete the form for immediate project estimating. For faster service please call us at: 866-910-DEMO (3366)
OUR CLIENTS ARE OUR BEST REFERENCE
“I have worked with Greg Lawrence, President of Demolition Services, Inc. now for many years. Greg is always extremely helpful during the Preconstruction phase of a project. He always makes himself available to our team to walk projects, discuss scopes of work and to provide budgets during the Preconstruction Phase of our projects. He is a true and respected partner in this business and I know would do a great job for your company and/or project.”
– Wednesday Moore | Lead Estimator + Project Manager
Demolition Services is my go to demo company for quick response, great pricing and arrival dependability I can count on. They go in and tear out or tear down what is needed in no time at all and leave no trace that they had ever been there. Couldn’t be happier with this company.
– Doug Hardeman | Project Manager
“We have used Demolition Services, Inc. for many years on both small and large demo projects. They are very professional and competent at what they do. Their associates are hard workers, and always get the job done. We have always been impressed with just how clean they leave the job, once completed! Demolition Services, Inc. is always our first call.”
– Mr. George S. Mobayed | President
“The relationship that has been built with Demolition Services is founded on trust. They are one of our go-to demolition subcontractors for the following reasons: they have adopted our safety culture; schedule demands and most importantly they work with us as a partner. Thank you for being a valued partner.”
– Abdul EL Baba | VICE PRESIDENT, SOUTHWEST REGIONAL OFFICE
Disney Flower St.
Project: Disney Flower St. Location: Los Angeles, CA Customer: Gray Construction Scope of work: Tenant Improvement of a 10,000 sq. ft. office building. We removed all interior finishes including the walls, flooring, [...]
Project: Marlborough School Location: Los Angeles, CA Customer: Del Amo Constrution Scope of work: Tenant Improvement of 120 year old auditorium building from a private school Value: $ 250,000 [...]
Project: MGA Entertainment Location: Woodland Hills, CA Customer: KPRS Scope of work: Interior demolition of LA Times printing plant infrastructure and structural demolition for new tenant design Value: $ 1,800,000 [...]